Organic vs Biodynamic vs Natural Wines
What is the difference between organic wine, biodynamic wine and natural wine?
An easy way to find these wines in our shops is to look for their tasting notes on the shelves, which are highlighted in green.
Here’s a simple guide to the three styles:
- ORGANIC WINE
- Organic label is regulated
- No synthetic fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides
- No added sulphites
2. BIODYNAMIC WINE
- Organic wine plus!
- Holistic farming practices rely on lunar cycles and position of sun and planets
- The Biodynamic label is regulated
3. NATURAL WINE
- Made entirely without chemical intervention
- No regulated standard for Natural Wine
If you are interested in knowing more about biodynamic, organic or natural wines, we are featuring them at our Free Friday tastings in September between 4-8pm. Drop in and find out more!